Pentagon Ufo Videos: 64 new files add jet, submarine and orb footage

Pentagon Ufo Videos expand with 64 new files, including military footage, Lake Huron footage and a helicopter account from 2025.

By
Ashley Turner
Editor
On-the-ground news correspondent reporting from city halls, courtrooms, and press briefings. Holder of a Columbia Journalism School degree.
22 Views
3 Min Read
0 Comments
Pentagon Ufo Videos: 64 new files add jet, submarine and orb footage

The on Friday released 64 new files tied to UFOs and UAPs, including 51 videos that show objects captured from military aircraft and come with detailed descriptions. The batch also includes six PDF files and seven audio files, widening a public archive that has been building for two weeks on the ’s new site.

The release matters because it adds fresh footage and records that lawmakers asked to see in March, including material found by the , or AARO. Some of the clips are tied to encounters in U.S. Central Command’s area of responsibility between 2018 and 2023, and one video appears to show a fighter jet shooting down an unidentified object over Lake Huron in 2023. Later reports suggested that object may have been a balloon operated by a hobbyist group, underscoring how some of the most dramatic images can turn out to have ordinary explanations.

Among the videos is a 2022 clip that shows multiple spherical objects moving in and out of the water near a submarine. The documents also include historical accounts of UFO sightings, a report on Soviet intelligence activities and files on UFO reports, including one from PANTEX, a key nuclear weapons facility. The Pentagon said many of the materials do not have a substantiated chain-of-custody, which leaves open questions about where some of the footage came from and how it was handled before being posted.

The new file dump follows the first group of documents, photos and videos uploaded two weeks earlier, after the Pentagon said the material had been ordered public by President Trump in an . On May 8, the Defense Department said the public could make up its own mind about what the files show. Friday’s release gives the public more to weigh, but not more certainty.

That uncertainty is plain in a late-2025 account from a currently serving senior intelligence officer, who described a close UAP encounter aboard a military helicopter. He wrote that he and the crew had “a series of close UAP encounters lasting over an hour,” adding that “in the distance, we saw countless orange orbs swarming in all directions against the backdrop of the mountain.” He said the crew were “virtually speechless after these observations,” and said two large orbs flared up side by side close to the helicopter, appearing orange with a white or yellow center. The officer’s description is vivid. The question now is not whether the Pentagon has more material to show, but how much of it can be traced, verified and separated from misidentification before the archive becomes its own kind of mystery.

Share
Editor

On-the-ground news correspondent reporting from city halls, courtrooms, and press briefings. Holder of a Columbia Journalism School degree.