Britain's Got Talent 2026: What time it's on and why KSI replaced Bruno Tonioli britain's got talent
britain's got talent returns for season 19 with Amanda Holden reunited with Simon Cowell, Alesha Dixon and new full-time judge KSI, while Ant and Dec return as presenters. The series begins on Saturday, February 21 and brings a new batch of hopefuls hoping to win a spot at the Royal Variety Performance and the £250, 000 prize.
Britain's Got Talent line-up
Season 19 sees Amanda Holden reuniting with Simon Cowell and Alesha Dixon alongside KSI, whose real name is Olajide ‘JJ’ Olatunji, as a full-time judge. Ant and Dec, the Newcastle duo, are once again on presenting duties. The judging panel change follows Bruno Tonioli’s confirmed departure from the show; Bruno had been part of the programme since 2023, stepping into David Walliams' shoes and appearing across three series before confirming his exit.
Why Bruno Tonioli left
Bruno revealed last September that he would not be returning for series 19 due to diary clashes with Dancing With The Stars in the United States, where he also serves as a judge. he said: "After three incredible series, I've sadly had to walk away from a job which has opened my eyes to so much incredible talent and step down as a judge on BGT. And whilst I look forward to filming a new series of Dancing with the Stars in the US, I will miss the chaos and joy that BGT brings, as well as all the wonderful people I've had the privilege of working with. They truly are a brilliant team who make brilliant television, and I know KSI will be a fantastic judge too, as he's already proven this year. " The programme responded: "After three fabulous series, Bruno Tonioli is stepping down as a #BGT Judge due to filming commitments. His time with us has been truly SEN-SA-TION-AL! Thank you, Bruno, we'll miss you!"
When and where it airs
The new series gets underway on Saturday (February 21) on ITV1 and on ITVX at 7pm, following the latest edition of Graham Norton’s Wheel of Fortune. The first episode runs for 85 minutes, with the first round of auditions followed by Lee Mack’s The 1% Club at 8. 25pm. Similarly to last year, the programme will not air on March 14 because of the final of the 2026 Six Nations Championship, and it remains to be seen if it moves day on May 16 due to the Eurovision Song Contest 2026.
Auditions and Blackpool return
The latest batch of auditions were held last year in the Winter Gardens in Blackpool. Britain's Got Talent’s auditions have been filmed in the seaside town of Blackpool for the past three series. Auditions have previously been held at The Lowry in Salford and at the London Palladium in London. Amanda Holden, who has appeared on every season of the programme, said she loves heading up north for the auditions, adding that Blackpool brings a different type of person: "Everyone’s lovely, they’re up for it. They’re noisy. They don’t care, you know, and it feels like they’re just a massive extension of us. They are so important, the energy and everybody. Even in the hotel, we get so looked after. Everybody’s so warm and gorgeous. It really does feel like you’re at home. " She continued: "It’s Britain’s Got Talent’s spiritual home because it is the home of entertainment. You look at Blackpool and there are so many legends that were there, the peers, the theatres, and everything else. So I think what’s great for Blackpool and for us is that we’re bringing a bit of life back to that town. " The judging line-up also attended a Series 19 launch at the Ham Yard Hotel, where Ant McPartlin, Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon, Simon Cowell, KSI and Declan Donnelly were photographed together.
Golden buzzer and audience reaction
Just minutes into the first episode, fans voiced a familiar complaint about the golden buzzer. The series began on 21 February, and as soon as the golden buzzer was mentioned viewers worried it would be "overused. " At the start of the show Ant and Dec addressed the audience and reminded everyone that the judges can send contestants straight through to the live semi-finals if they press the golden buzzer. Fans quickly expressed frustration at how often the buzzer seems to be used, despite judges only being supposed to use it once a series. One wrote: "We don’t need to see the golden buzzer. " Another asked: "I wonder how many Golden Buzzers we'll get this year?" A third joked: "9 to my knowledge. " A fourth wrote: "Ditch the overused golden buzzer, overproduction, sob stories & the already successful 'testing their luck'. "
Health, substitutes and past winners
Simon Cowell, the chief judge, was the first to press the golden buzzer last year. The 66-year-old judge and media tycoon has faced a series of health challenges, surviving a near-fatal bike accident that left him questioning his ability to walk again. Last year he was absent from some auditions after falling down some stairs and sustaining a head injury; Stacey Solomon stepped in as a substitute while Amanda Holden assumed the role of chief judge. Amanda said of sitting in the chief seat: "I must admit I hated sitting in that seat... I felt very outcast on the end. " She also quipped about feeling vulnerable without a fellow judge on either side and joked about her team "decid[ing] to eat my snacks and sit in the dressing room, paying no attention to the show or me whatsoever!" Amanda praised Stacey for bringing warmth to the panel and drew on Stacey's X Factor experience from 2009: "She's so lovely and I think we've got quite a similar style of judging... She's warm, she's super funny, she has a great understanding of what it's like to be on the other side, because she obviously auditioned for The X Factor all those years ago. " Last year’s series was won by magician Harry Moulding, who overcame dance group The Blackouts and dancer Binita Chetry after months of viewing.
KSI, who previously stood in as a guest judge last year when Bruno was filming Dancing with the Stars in America, has been announced as Bruno’s permanent replacement. The internet superstar, who found fame on YouTube through his own content and with the Sidemen, said: "I'm so grateful and happy to be a part of the Britain's Got Talent team for another season. I had such a good time last year and I can't wait to see some more top talent. I'm full of energy, ready to go and can't wait to make this the most entertaining BGT season ever! Let's do this. " Fans shared mixed reactions online, with some expressing sadness at Bruno’s departure and others celebrating KSI's arrival with messages including: "Can't wait to see you as a judge!" and "Can't wait, so excited already!"
There is also a stretched fragment from one source in the available material: "At Reach and across our entities we and our partners use information collected through cookies and other identifiers from your device to improve experience on our site, analyse how" — unclear in the provided context.
The judges' buzzers are at the ready, Ant and Dec are standing by, and the weekend TV slot will bring new hopefuls aiming for the Royal Variety Performance and the £250, 000 prize.