Kevin Durant Brushes Off Burner-Account Allegations as Analyst Urges Coach to Make Him ‘Clean His Own Mess’
kevin durant brushed off accusations that he was behind anonymous “burner” social media accounts, telling reporters after practice on Wednesday, “I’m not here to get into Twitter nonsense. ” The remarks come as an NBA analyst publicly urged coach Ime Udoka to have Durant deal with the episode himself rather than let it become a team distraction.
Kevin Durant Pushes Back: 'Not here to get into Twitter nonsense'
The claims surfaced in a set of screenshots that went viral Sunday while Durant was playing in the NBA All-Star Game. The screenshots were presented as group messages on the X platform that purportedly included Durant under multiple aliases and contained critical comments about players and coaches including Devin Booker, Frank Vogel, Steph Curry and Steve Kerr, plus complaints about Rockets teammates Alperen Şengün and Jabari Smith Jr.
After Houston’s practice, Durant told reporters his focus is on the team. “My teammates know what it is; we’ve been locked in the whole season. We had a great practice today, looking forward to the road trip, ” he said. The 37-year-old has a long history with social media and has previously used anonymous accounts, and he has nearly 20 million followers on X and around 14 million on Instagram.
Analyst to Udoka: 'Let him clean his own mess'
Brian Geltzeiler, speaking on Sirius XM NBA Radio, argued that Udoka should require Durant to resolve the situation personally. “You got yourself in it KD. Figure out how to get yourself out of it. You’re a big boy, I have a basketball team to coach I’m not dealing with this nonsense, ” Geltzeiler said. He added, “Clean your own mess, ” emphasizing that Durant is a veteran player who should address the issue directly.
The analyst framed the matter as a potential distraction for a team chasing wins late in the season, urging internal resolution rather than public management.
On-court context and team status
kevin durant is producing at an All-Star level this season, averaging 25. 8 points, 5. 3 rebounds and 4. 4 assists after being traded to Houston last summer. The Rockets are listed at 33-20 and sit fourth in the Western Conference, and Durant has appeared in 50 of the team’s 53 games.
Houston’s season has been affected by injuries: veteran point guard Fred VanVleet tore his right ACL before the season; backup center Steven Adams has not played since Jan. 20 after season-ending ankle surgery; and forwards Tari Eason and Dorian Finney-Smith have missed time and been managed in the rotation. The Rockets have gone 11-9 over their last 20 games, a stretch that has kept the team under scrutiny as it approaches the playoff push.
The burner-account allegations are unconfirmed. Earlier episodes of anonymous social-media use by Durant date back to 2017, and he was fined $50, 000 by the league in 2021 for use of offensive language in an Instagram exchange that was publicly shared.
For now, Durant has declined to engage further on social media claims and has emphasized focusing on the team’s upcoming schedule. Houston’s next confirmed event is a road trip that Durant said the team is “looking forward to. ”