kayla day: FBI Outreach to Mexico Broadens Search for Nancy Guthrie; Rewards Exceed $200,000

kayla day: FBI Outreach to Mexico Broadens Search for Nancy Guthrie; Rewards Exceed $200,000

Federal investigators have reached out to Mexican authorities as the search for 84-year-old Nancy Guthrie expands into a cross-border inquiry, law enforcement confirmed. The development comes as rewards tied to the case have climbed past $200, 000 and investigators continue to work through tens of thousands of tips in an effort to find her.

FBI alerts Mexican counterparts as investigators pursue all avenues

Investigators said the FBI has notified Mexican officials to make them aware of the disappearance given the location’s proximity to the international border. Officials stressed there is currently no evidence that Guthrie was taken across the border, but described contact with Mexican authorities as a standard step when a case involves border regions.

The outreach is intended to ensure Mexican authorities are on alert for potential leads and to coordinate any investigative steps that might cross jurisdictions. Investigators have also asked for regional assistance from Mexican non-governmental groups that assist families searching for missing people in neighboring states.

Pima County authorities continue to examine multiple lines of inquiry, and they have not settled on a definitive motive. Officials remain uncertain whether the incident was a targeted abduction, a burglary that escalated, or another type of crime. A sheriff’s office representative said there is no proof either way at this stage.

Timeline, evidence and the search effort

Investigators believe Nancy Guthrie was taken from her Tucson-area home in the early hours of Feb. 1. Key entries in the timeline released by authorities include: 1: 47 a. m. ET when a doorbell camera disconnected, 2: 12 a. m. ET when camera software registered a person but no video was captured, 11: 56 a. m. ET when relatives discovered she was missing, and 12: 03 p. m. ET when the family called 911.

Authorities previously released images and surveillance footage showing a masked person armed and appearing to tamper with a security camera outside her home. A glove recovered near the property yielded DNA that produced no matches in a federal database,. Two men who were briefly detained early in the inquiry were later released and have not been named as suspects.

Investigators say they have received an immense volume of public tips—numbering in the tens of thousands—and are following up on leads nationwide and, where appropriate, internationally. Law enforcement emphasized that the influx of information can be both a resource and a logistical challenge, requiring careful validation and prioritization.

Rewards, family appeals and public response

The total reward for information leading to Nancy Guthrie or the person who took her now exceeds $200, 000. An anonymous donor contributed $100, 000 to a crime-stoppers program, which raised its portion to $102, 500; that amount was added to a separate $100, 000 reward offered by federal authorities.

Family members have made repeated public pleas for information and urged anyone with knowledge of the case to contact local authorities immediately. Officials reiterated that the public’s assistance remains crucial, and authorities continue to encourage people with potentially relevant information to come forward.

Investigators have not announced any confirmed ransom demands linked to the disappearance, and they reiterated that family members have been ruled out as suspects. Authorities said there is no evidence that Guthrie is deceased, but they declined to offer further detail on her current condition.

The investigation remains active and ongoing. Law enforcement representatives said they will persist in their efforts across multiple jurisdictions until there is a definitive resolution in the case.