Carl Froch gives John Fury an ultimatum after Tottenham press conference outburst
carl froch has issued an ultimatum to John Fury after the 60-year-old erupted at a press conference for Tyson Fury's comeback at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, saying in an Instagram video that he is open to boxing John and mocking the outburst ahead of Tyson's April 11 return.
John Fury storms the stage and issues a challenge
At a news conference promoting Tyson Fury's comeback, John Fury, 60, marched around the venue and targeted former super-middleweight champion Carl Froch while Tyson faced Arslanbek Makhmudov. John told Froch: "Carl 'The Worm' Froch, you've got yourself a fight. Where do you want to fight? We'll do it in the ring, under the lights, at Tottenham in eight weeks' time. " He added: "I don't need six months training, I am ready to go now!"
Carl Froch answers with a blunt Instagram message
In an Instagram video, carl froch pushed back on John Fury's tirade and said he would take the challenge seriously if it were real. Froch said he had been about to go live on air when John "stormed around the stadium shouting at Froch" and that he did not try to run away. He dismissed the behaviour as grandstanding with the line: "Empty vessels make the most noise. "
Froch referenced crossover promotions when he suggested a route for the fight, saying: "If he wants to have a fight, let's put it out here now: have a word with Mams Taylor, let's get on Misfits, because that's what it is: it's a f***ing Misfits [fight], isn't it? That's what this is. " He then outlined how he would approach John in the ring: "I'll pepper you with a couple of jabs, I'll hit you with a couple of right hands to the body, and when you fall on the floor, I'll help you up - because that's what'll happen. It'll be embarrassing. " Froch, 48, also told John he had "embarrassed" himself and that Tyson did not need his father's interventions at the event.
How the exchange unfolded and what's confirmed next
The exchange took place at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium during a press conference ahead of Tyson Fury's scheduled fight with Arslanbek Makhmudov on April 11, a bout that marks Tyson's fifth return from retirement. John Fury's interruption drew attention away from the heavyweight face-off and prompted the back-and-forth: John issuing a direct ring challenge in person and Froch responding publicly social media.
Neither man has signed a bout contract on the record in these comments, but both used the Tottenham venue and the upcoming April 11 date as framing for the trash talk. Froch suggested the match would be a crossover-style fight on a Misfits card if it happened, while John insisted he was ready to fight immediately.
Tyson Fury's fight with Arslanbek Makhmudov at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on April 11 remains the confirmed next event on the schedule, and recovery of focus at that show will be next for organisers and broadcasters. Froch's Instagram video and John's challenge have left the possibility of a publicity-fuelled clash in the air, but the confirmed milestone is the heavyweight comeback on April 11.