Ashley Flynn: Tipp City Police Deny Arrest Rumors as Homicide Probe Continues into Targeted Home Invasion

Ashley Flynn: Tipp City Police Deny Arrest Rumors as Homicide Probe Continues into Targeted Home Invasion

A police homicide investigation is underway after the death of Ashley Flynn in an apparent home invasion, with investigators calling the incident a targeted attack and pushing back on social-media claims that a suspect is already in custody.

Ashley Flynn found dead after reported early-morning break-in

Police dispatch logs show emergency responders were alerted in the early morning hours of Monday, Feb. 16 ET when someone at the couple’s home reported a break-in. The dispatcher’s message in the logs states: "Someone broke into the RP [reporting person’s] house, unknown if they are still there. Garage door is open. There was apparently a female shot in the head. Is not responding currently. "

Responding units were told that only the victim, her husband and their two children were inside the residence. The logs indicate one family member and a juvenile daughter were locked in a bedroom, while other juveniles in the home remained asleep in their own rooms. Investigators later found the woman dead; authorities have opened a homicide probe into the apparent home invasion.

Investigators call the incident targeted; law enforcement assistance confirmed

Tipp City police say the attack appears to have been an isolated incident directed at that specific residence. The department emphasized there is no known threat to the wider public at this time and that the investigation will continue until answers can be provided to the family and community.

Local investigators are working with federal and county partners to examine the scene and follow leads. Officials also confirmed that specialized resources, including aerial and K-9 units, were deployed during the initial search for a suspect. An autopsy has been conducted as part of the homicide investigation.

Police deny arrest rumors as family copes with loss

In the days after the killing, Tipp City leadership pushed back strongly against online claims that an arrest had been made and a confession obtained. The department called those rumors false and said no such information was released by law enforcement. Officials stressed the case will proceed through the judicial process rather than in public forums.

The victim’s husband made the 911 call that alerted police to the break-in. In the dispatch logs, first responders coordinate their approach and confirm that initial units were not staged but en route to the scene. Investigators have said the Flynn family is coping with an unimaginable loss and requested that the case not be tried in the media while investigative work continues.

Authorities continue to seek information from anyone who may have observed suspicious activity in the area around the time of the break-in. No further updates on arrests or suspect descriptions have been released as the probe advances.

The community response included expressions of mourning and concern, and law enforcement reiterated they will exhaust investigative avenues to provide answers for the family and neighborhood.