Manon Katseye to Take Temporary Hiatus to Focus on Health and Wellbeing

Manon Katseye to Take Temporary Hiatus to Focus on Health and Wellbeing

manon katseye announced she will take a temporary hiatus from the girl group to focus on her health and wellbeing, a move the band and their labels say they fully support as the group continues scheduled activities.

Group statement backs Manon’s break

The group shared that Manon Bannerman will step away from group activities “to focus on her health and wellbeing” and that they “fully support this decision. ” Fellow members Yoonchae, Lara Raj, Daniela Avanzini, Sophia Laforteza and Megan Skiendiel confirmed the band would “continue scheduled activities during this time” and added they were looking “forward to being together again when the time is right. ” The message thanked fans — called EYEKONS — “for your continued love, patience, and understanding. ”

Manon Katseye amid Grammys recognition and past pressures

Manon, a 23-year-old Swiss-born singer who joined the group when KATSEYE was formed on Netflix’s Popstar Academy in 2024, performed at this year’s Grammys and has been part of the band’s nominations, including Best New Artist and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. She wrote on Instagram on Feb. 3 about attending and performing at the Grammys, saying the experience “is something i’ll never take for granted. ”

Labels and group cite careful conversations

Hybe and Geffen Records said that after “open and thoughtful conversations together, we are sharing that Manon will be taking a temporary hiatus from group activities to focus on her health and wellbeing, ” and that they “fully support this decision. ” The companies and the band emphasized ongoing communication and mutual support as the reason behind the pause.

Context from the group’s recent work and challenges

The group has been touring its profile since forming on the reality series, and members previously described measures they have taken to cope with stardom: they hired a group therapist and last fall alleged they had received death threats and online harassment. Manon described that backlash as “very terrorizing on the mind, ” and the band has cited internal support as central to their work together.

The band also said Manon will return “when the time is right, ” and members reaffirmed commitment to each other and to fans. Manon has spoken publicly about gratitude for performing with the group and called the Grammys moment a shared achievement for the younger versions of themselves who “didn’t always feel like we belonged. ”

For now, KATSEYE will proceed with planned projects and appearances without Manon in the lineup, and the management teams said they will keep fans informed about changes to the schedule.

The next confirmed note from the group is that scheduled activities will continue during Manon’s temporary hiatus, and the band has said they look forward to reuniting when she is ready.